Dear Swiss Windsurfing members,
During the General Assembly of 2022 in Roggwil, it was announced that the majority of the current executive committee (everyone except Eric Guggi) will step down from their positions by the end of 2023 due to various personal reasons.
In April 2023, an interest group composed of Eric Guggi, Paul Sintic, Alex Strub, Remo Diethelm, and Matthias Ernst presented a concept to the Swiss Windsurfing executive committee for the continuation of the association. They requested the convening of an extraordinary General Assembly to take place during the Regatta Urnersee/St. Blaise event. The purpose was to obtain an early member decision on fundamental matters and, thereafter, start planning for the 2024 season in advance.
At the extraordinary General Assembly held on 3rd June 2023 in Isleten, the vision was presented to the members. The proposed amendments to the statutes were accepted unanimously, and the additional budget for conducting a professional external audit was accepted with one dissenting vote. The new executive committee was confirmed with one abstention (from the eligible candidates themselves).
The implications for Swiss Windsurfing are as follows:
- Starting from the year 2024 (after the General Assembly in 2023), the executive committee will be restructured as follows:
- President: Paul Sintic
- Vice President/Co-President: Eric Guggi
- Finance: Matthias Ernst
- Regatta: Remo Diethelm
- Youth: Alex Strub
- Sponsoring: Vacant
- The newly elected executive committee is currently working on implementing the presented vision, defining the locations for regattas, and creating a regatta calendar for the year 2024.
- No changes are planned for the year 2023.
- Further information will follow in due course.
For any additional questions or for clubs/persons interested in organizing a regatta, Eric Guggi (email@example.com, +41 78 874 72 46) will be happy to assist.
The executive comittee
Attachment: Presentation from the extraordinary General Assembly on 3rd June.